Saturday, October 11, 2014

Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-Thon (Saturday, October 18th): Overall Goals for the Read-a-Thon

It is almost that time again!  Another read-a-thon is coming up next week.  It isn't just any read-a-thon; it is Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-Thon!

I am excited about this read-a-thon not only because I love read-a-thons, but also because I have heard so many people rave about Dewey's Read-a-Thon.  This will be my first 24 hour read-a-thon, so I am excited to be joining this one.











My goals for this read-a-thon are not too detailed since I have never completed a 24 hour read-a-thon before.  Here are my goals:

  1. I hope to participate as much as I can throughout the read-a-thon.  My goal as of now is to participate in all 24 hours of the read-a-thon.
  2. I have signed up to be a cheerleader for every other hour of the read-a-thon.  I know this is a lot, but one of my favorite aspects about read-a-thons is the community feeling each one brings.  I love to communicate with others and meet more friends.  If you are not sure what I cheerleader is for Dewey's Read-a-Thon, check out this post.
  3. I plan to read/eat/nap during the hours that I am not cheerleading.  I hope to read as much as I can during these remaining 12 hours, but I know that I need to take breaks.  I have planned that the hours that I am cheerleading are my break from reading, but we will see.
  4. I am going to Tweet about updates after/during the hours that I am reading.  If you want to see my updates on my reading, please follow me at @blog_gal on Twitter.  I would love to hear from all of you during the read-a-thon, so feel free to send me your tweets of encouragement (I will need it!) and your Tweets about progress!
  5. Finally, I will be writing a wrap-up post with details about what I accomplished and other happenings of the read-a-thon on the day after the read-a-thon (October 19, 2014).
Are you signed up for Dewey's Read-a-Thon?  It is next Saturday (Oct. 18), so there is still plenty of time to sign-up! If you are not signed up and wish to do so, visit the reader's sign-up page. If you are interested in being a cheerleader, please visit this page.  If you are signed up for the read-a-thon, what are your goals?  I would love to hear about your read-a-thon progress during and after the read-a-thon!

If you would like to about my reading goals for this read-a-thon, check back on my blog on Wednesday (Oct. 15th).  If you would like to know my TBR before the read-a-thon, check back on Friday (Oct. 17th).

No comments:

Post a Comment