I am excited about this read-a-thon not only because I love read-a-thons, but also because I have heard so many people rave about Dewey's Read-a-Thon. This will be my first 24 hour read-a-thon, so I am excited to be joining this one.
My goals for this read-a-thon are not too detailed since I have never completed a 24 hour read-a-thon before. Here are my goals:
- I hope to participate as much as I can throughout the read-a-thon. My goal as of now is to participate in all 24 hours of the read-a-thon.
- I have signed up to be a cheerleader for every other hour of the read-a-thon. I know this is a lot, but one of my favorite aspects about read-a-thons is the community feeling each one brings. I love to communicate with others and meet more friends. If you are not sure what I cheerleader is for Dewey's Read-a-Thon, check out this post.
- I plan to read/eat/nap during the hours that I am not cheerleading. I hope to read as much as I can during these remaining 12 hours, but I know that I need to take breaks. I have planned that the hours that I am cheerleading are my break from reading, but we will see.
- I am going to Tweet about updates after/during the hours that I am reading. If you want to see my updates on my reading, please follow me at @blog_gal on Twitter. I would love to hear from all of you during the read-a-thon, so feel free to send me your tweets of encouragement (I will need it!) and your Tweets about progress!
- Finally, I will be writing a wrap-up post with details about what I accomplished and other happenings of the read-a-thon on the day after the read-a-thon (October 19, 2014).
If you would like to about my reading goals for this read-a-thon, check back on my blog on Wednesday (Oct. 15th). If you would like to know my TBR before the read-a-thon, check back on Friday (Oct. 17th).