Sunday, October 19, 2014

Dewey's Read-a-Thon: Closing Meme and Wrap-Up

End of Event Meme:


1. Which hour was most daunting for you?
I took a 3 hour nap around the beginning of hour 18.
2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?

If you like middle-grade, "Dying to Meet You" by Kate Klise was really interesting!  I also loved the first two novellas in the Year of Weddings novella series.
3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?

I loved the read-a-thon and I cannot think of any ways that it could be improved.
4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?

I loved being a cheerleader and being cheered.  It was really motivating seeing everyone's progress and having others cheering for you. I would read for about 30 minutes to an hour at a time and then take breaks to cheer others.
5. How many books did you read?

3 middle-grade books, 2 novellas, and a graphic novel
6. What were the names of the books you read?


Middle-grade
  • Dying to Meet You by Kate Klise (43 Old Cemetery Road Series, Book 1)
  • The Tiger Rising by Kate DiCamillo
  • The Tower Treasure (Hardy Boys Series, Book 1)
Novellas
  • A December Bride by Denise Hunter (A Year of Weddings Novella Series, Novella 1)
  • A January Bride by Deborah Raney (A Year of Weddings Novella Series, Novella 2)
Graphic Novel
  • Lola by J. Torres and Elbert Or 
7. Which book did you enjoy most?
I loved all of them except Lola.
8. Which did you enjoy least?

Lola
9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?

It was a lot of fun!  Try to just hang out and chat with others about what they are reading.
10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?

I will participate in as many of Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-Thons as I can.  I would be a reader and a cheerleader.

My goals for this readathon were to read 1 graphic novel, 1 novella, and 1 book I recieved for review.  I completed all these goals and ended up reading actively for 8.5 hours and reading approximately  848 pages. The novellas were e-books and I used the estimated pages from Amazon to determine page counts.  The time that I was not reading I spent cheering others.  I only took a 3 hour nap during the run of the read-a-thon.  I had so much fun and cannot wait for the next Dewey's read-a-thon.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for cheering for me during the readathon! You really kept me motivated. It looks like you had a successful readathon too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on a great read-a-thon! So glad you had a great time, and awesome that you had fun cheering! It was fun, though a ton of work. :) Here's my Wrap Up Post.

    ReplyDelete