Friday, April 24, 2015

Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon (Saturday, April 25): Reading Goals and TBR Grab Pile

Button made by: http://www.truebookaddict.com/
Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon is coming up very soon! Woohoo! You can sign up for the readathon here. Did you miss my announcement of participation in the readathon, my updated book recommendations for readathons or my post about my overall goals for this readathon?

Today, I am going to talk about my reading goals for this readathon and show you my TBR grab pile. Here are my reading goals:
  • Out of these 21 hours that I was awake, I read actively for 8.5 hours. For this readathon, I hope to read actively for at least 10 hours.
  • Read 1000 pages. In the october readathon, I read 859 pages (including graphic novels and childrens chapter books). My average reading pace overall was 1.68 pages/minute. By this rate and the additional hours that I plan to read, I should be able to reach this goal.
  • Last readathon, I finished 2 adult novellas, 1 graphic novel, and 3 children's novels, for a total of 6 books. This readathon, I hope to finish 7 books.
Now for my TBR grab pile. These are the books that I plan on choosing from during the readathon.  I may grab some other books, but these are the ones that I am particularly interested in at the moment. There are too many in my grab pile to discuss here, so I have created a shelf on Goodreads that can be found here.

Are you signed up for Dewey's 24H Readathon? If not, you can sign up here. Do you want to be a cheerleader? You can learn more about being a cheerleader and how to sign up here. Do you want to host a mini-challenge? You can sign up for hosting a mini-challenge here.

If you are signed up for the read-a-thon, what are your goals?  I would love to hear about your read-a-thon progress during and after the read-a-thon! Comment below or tweet me at @blog_gal.

No comments:

Post a Comment