Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon: TBR and Plans

Button made by: http://www.truebookaddict.com/
Here it comes again! Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon is THIS SATURDAY! Have you signed up yet? If not, you can sign up for the readathon here.

Today, I am going to talk about my reading goals for this readathon and show you my TBR grab pile. My reading goals are pretty light as compared to previous Dewey's readathons. I am going to be working from 12 (noon) EST to around 9 or 10 PM EST, so I am not sure how many hours of reading I will be able to get in. I hope to read before I go to work, during my lunch break, after I get off work for a few hours, and maybe I'll even wake up early and read before church since the readathon ends at 8 AM on Sunday for me. I am hoping to read at least 5 hours on Saturday/Sunday morning. 

I will be cheering fellow readers on Twitter using the hashtag (#readathon). I plan on tweeting throughout the readathon (when I am not at work) and updating my progress there. I do plan on having a progress post here on my blog, but I will not be able to update that as frequently. Additionally, I will be doing some of the hourly mini-challenges and you can find those updates on my blog and on twitter as well.

Since I won't be able to read much, my TBR is also a little light. I want to continue reading Rachelle Dekker's latest book, The Calling, a christian dystopian novel. Honestly, this book is so good that I may have finished it before Saturday, but we will see. I  also plan on starting the audiobook of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone this week and continue listening to it during the readathon. Most likely, this will be the book that I listen to when I have my lunch break at work. Lastly, I may start reading No One to Trust by Lynette Eason. This is a christian fiction novel mystery novel.

If you are signed up for the read-a-thon, what are your goals and what are you reading?  I would love to hear about your read-a-thon progress during and after the read-a-thon! Comment below or tweet me at @blog_gal.

1 comment:

  1. This'll be my first 24 hour readathon, (must check out the challenges), I'm excited. I would've loved an early morning start, but it's 1pm for me.

    Sounds like you've got some cool books to read!!

    ReplyDelete