Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Book Review: Burning Proof by Janice Cantore (Cold Case Justice, Book 2)

Title: Burning Proof



Series Title: Cold Case Justice (Book 2)


Genre: Christian Suspense/Crime


Date Published: March 1, 2016


Author: Janice Cantore

Why I Read This Book: I received the first book in this series from the publisher for review a few years ago and I loved it (see my review here). I have wanted to read the second in the series for a while now.





About the Book (from Goodreads):  

After months of investigating the brutal homicide of a young girl, Detective Abby Hart finally has the evidence she needs. But when the arrest goes terribly wrong, Abby begins to doubt her future as a police officer. As she wrestles with conflicting emotions, old questions about the fire that took her parents’ lives come back to haunt her. [Note: synopsis shortened as to not provide spoilers]

Review


One of the things that I love the most about Janice Cantore is that she not only writes suspenseful, action-packed crime novels, but that I leave them with a sense of peace and understanding. 

For a long time, I let PTSD from child molestation rule my life by thinking of myself only as a victim. I had nightmares and flashbacks that ruined a good day. After I gave everything to God and let Him reign in my life, I found freedom and I found peace. These same feelings of freedom and peace came back to me as I read this beautiful novel. Cantore encourages readers to not let difficult circumstances define your life and that even if God delays in answering your prayers, it is because He has a greater plan and a greater purpose, one that is larger than anything you could ever imagine. 

This series of books is not just an inspirational series and it is not just a crime novel, it is so much more.

Final Statements


Recommended Reading Age: 16+ for intense scenes


Overall Rating: 5/5

1 comment:

  1. Most Pay someone to do my math homework services are highly qualified and have decades of experience in their study line. In addition, as many of them are associated with different institutions, colleges, and universities, they are entirely aware of various assignments' required standards and guidelines.
    Also Visit:
    Essay conclusion generator tool
    Matlab assignment help
    Harvard referencing generator tool free
    Do my engineering assignment
    Online essay editing service help

    ReplyDelete