Thursday, May 29, 2014

Thursday Tags: Opposites Book Tag

First, I want to say that I am sorry that I have not been active on my blog lately.  College finals are killer.  I am happy to say that that I am excited I will begin to be more active this summer.  Next week is the Bout of Books 10 read-a-thon.  If you haven't signed up yet, you should :)  Check out my previous post here for more information about this read-a-thon.  This will be the first read-a-thon that I have done and I am so excited.

Moving on to this weeks tag which is the Opposites Book Tag.  I found this tag over at Bookables.  Here is the original video.

1. First book in your collection and last book in you bought

 I believe that Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone is the first book that I bought that I still own.











Pivot Point by Kasie West was the last book that I purchased.  I have read this book and I loved it.  I read this as part of the Epic Recs program.  Look for a review soon!











 2.  Cheap book and an expensive book


I got this book at Goodwill for less than a dollar.  My review for this book is here.











This is the complete set of the Circle books by Ted Dekker including the prequel, Green.  I spent about $35 on this book because it was on sale. Originally it was $50.

 











3.  A book with a male protagonist and a book with a female protagonist

I just recently read this book and you can find my review here. The protagonist is Johnis, a young boy who have been chosen to become part of the Forest Guard in this Christian fantasy world.











This is the second book in the rippler series by Cidney Swanson.  The protagonist in this series is Samantha Ruiz, a girl with the ability to become invisible.  My review for this book is here.











4.  A book you read fast and a book that took you too long to read


 This book I read almost in one sitting.  It is so good!  This is a Christian fiction book about a boy that believes that God doesn't love him because he has suffered so much and his discovery that God really cares and loves to speak to us.  You can find my review of this book here.
This book has taken me forever to read.  It is so full of detail that I can only read a little bit at a time.  I keep putting the book down and I have still not been able to finish it.
 











5. A pretty cover and an ugly cover


This is a completely gorgeous cover!  Purple is my favorite color and I love the dress that she is wearing.  Honestly, I requested this book for review because I loved the cover.  I will most likely buy this book soon!  You can find my review of this book here.


 






I hate to say that a cover is ugly, but this cover just does not give this book justice.  This is an great fantasy novel, but the cover just does not work for me.  As I was doing this tag, I realized that I have not reviewed this book on my blog.  I will be posting a review very soon.












6. A national book and an international book (I took this to mean a book written by an author from my country and one that was not from my country)

This book was written by Sheila Cragg who is an American.  This is a great Christian Nonfiction book.  Here is my review of this book.


This book was written by C.S. Lewis, who was born in Ireland.  This is part of the Chronicles of Narnia series.  Check out my review of this book here.  











7.  A thick book and a thin book


This is the largest book in the Harry Potter series (and the largest book that I own) at a total of 870 pages.









 This is the shortest book that I own at a total of 188 pages.  This is a great Christian Nonfiction novel.  Here is my review of this book.













8.  A way too romantic book and an action book

This book is part of a clean adult romance novella series.  I wouldn't say it has too much romance, but it is really cheesy.  You can find my review here.











This is a book filled with action and adventure.  It does have some romance in it, but not much.  You can find my review here.













 9.  A book that made you happy and a book that made you sad 


 This book is so cute and sweet.  It is a great summer read that I read last summer and it made me so happy!  Here is my review of this book.

 








This book made me cry at several points.  It is a great read filled with both happy and sad moments.  Here is my review of this book.














8. A fiction book and a nonfiction book

 Here is a great fiction YA paranormal book.  You can find my review of this book here.











 Here is a great Christian Inspirational Nonfiction book.  You can find my review of this book here.

No comments:

Post a Comment