This is a low-pressure readathon with daily book giveaways. All you have to do to enter the giveaways is to follow Emma Loise on Twitter (@EmmaIsWriting) and retweet a picture of the book that she posts. The readathon goes from July 21 to July 27 (Monday- Sunday).
Here is my TBR for this week:
- Finish reading Kingmaker, Kingbreaker by Karen Miller. This is a compilation of The Innocent Mage and The Awakened Mage. I began reading this during vacation this week. I am on page 230 of 875 currently.
- Finish reading Threatened by Eliot Schrefer. I also started this book last week. I am currently on page 79 of 267.
- I read pages 230 to 235 of Kingmaker, Kingbreaker for a total of 5 pages.
- I read pages 79 to 97 of Threatened for a total of 18 pages.
- I read pages 235 to 246 of Kingmaker, Kingbreaker for a total of 11 pages.
- I read pages 97 to 132 of Threatened for a total of 35 pages. I had to return this book to the library; I will not be completing this book this week.
- I started and finished I Know My Daddy Loves Me by Scott A. Williams. I received this middle grade book from the author for review and will be publishing my review on my blog on its release date (October 1, 2014). I gave this book a 4/5 stars. This book was a total of 115 pages.
Books started and completed: 1
- I started and finished The Lost Boy, a graphic novel by Greg Ruth. I gave this book a 3/5 stars. A review will be coming soon on my blog. This gave me a total of 190 pages read.
- I started and finished a Middle Grade Nonfiction novel that I received for review from Edelweiss. It is The Owner Manual for Driving Your Adolescent Brain by JoAnn and Terrence Deak. I gave this book a 5/5 stars. I really enjoyed it. There will be a review coming on my blog soon. This gave me a total of 59 pages.
Books started and completed: 2
- I continued reading Kingmaker, Kingbreaker. Today, sadly, I only read from page 246 to page 248, for a total of... 2 pages! I had a terrible headache today, so I was unable to read as much as planned. Oh well, that just means I get to allot twice as much time to reading tomorrow, right?
- I started Death Note, Volume 5 and read from page 1 to page 77 for a total of 77 pages. I plan to finish this book before I go to bed tonight.
- Finished Death Note, Volume 5 for a total of 122 pages. This volume was not quite as good as the rest of the series thus far, so I gave it a 4/5 star rating.
- Read a 36 page sample of Afterworlds by Scott Westerfeld. Other than a few cuss words, the sample, which was the first 3 chapters of the book, was action packed and an excellent read. I am looking forward to reading the full book that comes out later this year.
- I started Castle Waiting, a graphic novel written and illustrated by Linda Medley. I read the first 154 pages (out of 456). It is a decent read so far. I hope to finish this book on the last day of the readathon.
- I continued Sleeping Beauty and the Beast by Melissa Lemon. I started this book before the readathon. It is a book that I received from the author for review. It is a great book so far. I read from page 133 to page 181 for a total of 48 pages. I hope to finish the final 106 pages on the final day of the readathon.
Books finished today: 1
- Continued and DNF Castle Waiting. I read a total of 178 pages of this book before I DNF it. I DNF it because it began to mock Jesus Christ. Other than that, it was 3/5 stars up to that point.
- I started 12 Titanic Lessons for Christians: Lessons to Motivate, Challenge, & Impower by Charles C. Hagan, Jr. I read the first 45 pages. It is really great so far!
Pages read: 1095
Books started and completed:
Books continued (started before readathon, have not completed):
Books started (started during the readathon, have not completed) :