Hello everyone! It's that time of year again; Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon is starting now. If you follow me on twitter (@blog_gal) you know that I'm super excited about this read-a-thon, as always. This go around, I am going catch up on some of the books that I have received for review. I have a variety of genres, mostly within Christian fiction, to read. I have both hard copies and a few ebooks.
Before the readathon, I have read 153 pages of Drawing Fire by Janice Cantore. I received this book from the publisher (Tyndale Fiction) for review and I am loving it! It is a Christian crime novel with the main character being a female Cold Case cop. I am going to start with reading this one.
Mostly, I will be putting my updates on Twitter, but occasionally, I will come back here for a Mini Challenge and also update my reading status.
Are you joining in on the readathon fun? What does your TBR look like?
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
Drawing Fire by Janice Cantore
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
My husband is making a Riesling Gelee with Raspberry Conserve :)
4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
I love to read (obviously). I am currently a forensic DNA analyst, but I am looking to change to a genetic counselor. I currently have an internship doing research in forensic DNA at an army base.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
Something I'm doing different is that I had little to no planning for this readathon. My TBR is the books that I have received for review. I just wrote this post this morning. I haven't updated the Excel file for this readathon that I usually use to track my reading progress. I'm a slacker, but that's okay :)
For hour two, we had to post a picture of a book cover we would want to escape to. Here is mine:
I hosted a challenge this hour. You can find it here.
I also participated in the Power of Love minichallege. Here is my entry:
1. What are you reading right now?
Life is Beautiful by Sarah M. Johnson
2. How many books have you read so far?
I have finished a book I started before the readathon (Drawing Fire by Janice Cantore), read 73 pages of Life is Beautiful, and I read a children's picture book (The Ride by Kayla Davidson).
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
All of them :)
4. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
Yes, but mainly it's because I needed to take a break.
5. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
- 239 pages of Drawing Fire by Janice Cantore- Finished
- 112 pages of Life is Beautiful by Sarah M. Johnson
- The Ride by Kayla Davidson (A Children's Picture Book) - Finished
- 52 pages of The Pastor's Daughter by T.K. Ware- Finished