|Button made by: http://www.truebookaddict.com/|
It's time to take a break with a little mini-challenge, David Letterman style. It's time to make your top 10 list of something that has to do with the read-a-thon. Awesome idea right? Well, it's not totally mine. I have to give credit to a 2008 mini-challenge host, jillora (@JilleeBeene). I asked around the Twitter-sphere about your favorite mini-challenges from previous years and this one came up. I loved the idea and decided to bring back this amazing mini-challenge. The original challenge can be found here.
As a thanks for being awesome (you know you are), I am also having a giveaway where you will have a chance to win your choice of either a 15 USD Amazon gift card OR a book from Book Depository for 15 USD or less. To enter the giveaway, post your Top Ten list in the comments and leave a way for me to contact you if you win (email, Twitter, Goodreads, ect.). I will then use a random number generator to determine the winner.
So without further ado, here is my Top 10 list.
Top 10 Ways to Enjoy Dewey's Readathon
10. Talk on Twitter. I'm sure you will find a new friend or two and maybe even get a book recommendation. Don't we all need more books on our TBR piles?
9. Eat lots of snacks. This can be a cheat day. Calories don't count on read-a-thon days, right?
8. Do mini-challenges :)
7. Stay hydrated. Sleepiness will come if you don't get plenty of fluids.
6. Take naps. You will remember more of what you have read and enjoy yourself more if you aren't totally sleep deprived.
5. Cheer for others. Even if you aren't registered as a cheerleader, we usually have a few rogue ones around #TeamRogue
4. Take a break to play with your kitty [may not apply to everyone, but definitely applies to me :) ]
3. Read with your kids. Involve them in the read-a-thon as well.
2. Read, read, read
1. Don't stress about how much you haven't read. Just have fun!