Today's bout of books challenge is hosted by LuLo Fangirl and can be found here. The objective of this challenge is to pick your favorite two characters and have a face off.
As such, there may be spoilers for the Harry Potter and The Giver series.
Opponent #1: Hermione Granger
– WHO: part of the heroic trio from Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling
– PROS: highly intelligent, beautiful, and caring towards friends
– CONS: puts learning before all else, and not very athletic
Opponent #2: Jonas
– WHO: main character in The Giver by Lois Lowry
– PROS: stands up against society when things do not seem right, protects those he loves, can "see" events that are occurring
– CONS: his caring nature can lead to self destruction
Why: Jonas stands up for what is right. He cares immensely for others and protects those that he loves. I love the growth that Jonas has in the Giver series. I love his devotion to others and to rid the world of evil. Jonas has depth to his character that is not seen in many other book characters.
Did you participate in today's challenge? Link your challenges in the comments so I can check them out :)