Saturday, October 5, 2013

Saving Casper by Jim Henderson and Matt Casper

General Analysis

Book Title: Saving Casper

Authors: Jim Henderson and Matt Casper

Publish Date: September 20, 2013

Genre: Christian Nonfiction










Plot:  The book was written by both Jim Henderson and Matt Casper. Jim Henderson is a former pastor and Matt Casper is an athiest. They traveled to different churches together in order for Casper to share his view on different churches. It is interesting to hear an atheist's perspective about how effective Christians are at converting non-Christians. The book also discusses how effective we, as Christians, are at doing as Jesus did and serving others.

Source of Book: I received a copy of this book for review from Tyndale House Publishers.

In Depth Analysis

I learned a lot from this book; it really changed how I think. The book points out that it is important to befriend non-Christians and to serve others. We should show others the love of Christ and connect with people and not just try to convert them. It also showed that atheists do not always believe that religion makes the world a worse place.  Casper believes that if everyone truly acted like Jesus that the world would be a better place.  As a Christian, the book made a lot of sense and seemed to be accurate to what I believe Jesus was trying to tell us while He was on earth.

Final Statements

Recommended Reading Age: This book does not have any material in it that would not be appropriate for young audiences, but I believe that the book is geared towards an adult audience.

Overall Rating: 5/5

Future Reviews and Reads

I hope to finish Forgiveness by Matthew West soon.  I am currently reading Rippler by Cidney Swanson.  This is a young adult fantasy novel about a girl who finds out she had a genetic disorder that allows her to ripple (to disappear spontaneously).  I got this book free from amazon for my Kindle.  I hope to begin The Why of Things by Elizabeth Hartley Winthrop and Do What Jesus Did by Robby Dawkins very soon.  I received both of those books in FirstReads giveaways on Goodreads.



No comments:

Post a Comment