Saturday, August 2, 2014

August Readathon Participation Announcement (Monsterthon and Bout of Books)

There are two read-a-thons that are going on this month: the montsterthon and Bout of Books.  The first one is the Monsterthon which is going on from August 4 until August 10th.  Here is a blurb about that:
The Monster Read and Review-a-thons are a great chance for us all to get together, read some fabulous reads, and get to those reviews that we know have been sitting there waiting to be done for a little too long. You can read as much as you want. Review till you cannot review anymore. Whatever works best for you! In addition to the Thons, we will be hosting some fun related challenges, great prizes, and a Twitter party.
Basically, you can pick whether you want to do a review-a-thon or a read-a-thon, or both!  I am choosing to do both because typically I review a book right after I read the book.  It helps me to remember everything that I want to say about a book.  More information about this readathon can be found here.

The second read-a-thon that I will be participating in is the Bout of Books 11 which runs from August 18th until August 24.  This is the first week of classes for college so I do not know how much I will be reading for this read-a-thon.  You may remember that I participated in Bout of Books 10.0 a month or so ago.  I had a blast during that readathon because it was super interactive and there always seemed to be people tweeting about the read-a-thon.  I am excited to be participating in another one.  For those of you who have not heard about this read-a-thon, here is a blurb:
The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, August 18th and runs through Sunday, August 24th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 11 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team
Be sure to check out the Bout of Books blog for more information.  You need to sign up for this read-a-thon.  It is amazing!

For both of these read-a-thons, I will be preparing one TBR list for now.  I will also have starting and wrap-up posts for each read-a-thon (and maybe some daily update posts also).  I will also put up personal challenges for myself in these start up posts, so make sure to check those out.  Here is my combined TBR for both read-a-thons:
  • Death Note, Volumes 7-12
  • Insurgent by Veronica Roth
  • Harry Potter and the Sorceror's Stone by J.K. Rowling (a re-read)
  • Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling (a re-read)
  • Wither by Lauren DeStefano
  • Gone by Michael Grant
  • The Girl Who Never Was by Skylar Dorset (ARC copy from Netgalley)
  • Some more books that I have received for review or that I get from the library


2 comments:

  1. Oh, I LOVE Death Note, such a twisty manga series. I even went on to watch the anime with my husband, so good! I really ought to reread HP soon, I love those books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the Death Note series also. I have already seen the anime series, but I do not remember much about what happened at the end of the series.

      I cannot wait to reread the whole HP series!

      Delete