Tuesday, June 16, 2015

#Rainbowthon Daily Progress

The #rainbowthon is this week (June 15-21) and I cannot wait to join. It is hosted by The Carpe Librum Book Club (@CarpethisLibrum on Twitter). I probably will not read that much this week, but I will be reading so let's see how much I can get done.

In this post, I will have a running thread in which I discuss my daily progress during the readathon. My TBR pile for this readathon can be found here.

Monday

I read from page 288 to page 330 from Half-Hearts for a total of 42 pages. 

Today's Page Count: 42
Total Page Count: 42

Tuesday

I read from page 330 to 414 from Half Hearts for a total of 84 pages today.

Today's Page Count: 84
Total Page Count: 126

Wednesday

So far today, I have read 2 pages from God Every Day 365 which is a Christian daily devotional. I am loving this devotional so far. As this is a yearly devotional, I do not believe that I will be able to finish this during this readathon, so I think I may change my TBR from what I listed in my #Rainbowthon TBR post

I think I will change my blue book to Are Your There God? It's Me Margaret. This book is part of the #BlumeAlong readathon that I discussed in today's post. I also posted a picture on instagram about this book:
A photo posted by Jessica Bradley Barnes (@blog_gal) on
I read 26 pages of Are You There God? It's Me Margaret today.

I also read from page 414 to 424 from Half-Hearts for a total of 10 pages from that book. I am really loving this book; I just did not have much time to read yesterday. I love the world that this book is set in. The characters are finally being developed and I am loving all of them.

Today's Page Count: 38
Total Page Count: 164

Thursday (in progress)

I am 95% complete with Half-Hearts; I read 126 pages today of it and it is absolutely amazing. The intensity of the book is so high right now. I imagine I will be completing this book very soon!

I also read a good majority of Are You There God? It's Me Margaret today. I have read a total of 94 pages of the book so far (68 pages today). This book is engaging, but it is not one of my favorites. I enjoy the writing style, but the content is not something that I can relate to at my current age. I am 22 and the main character is 11 (almost 12). This period in my life is so far gone that I cannot even imagine what I was like at that age. I am sure many younger kids would be able to relate to this book better than I currently can.

Today's Page Count: 194
Total Page Count: 358

Friday

I finished Half-Hearts today by reading 32 pages. I loved this book and gave it a 4/5 star rating. A full review will be coming soon on my blog.

I also read 25 pages of Are You There God? It's Me Margaret.

Today's Page Count: 57
Total Page Count: 415

Saturday in progress

I have finished Are You There God? It's Me Margaret by reading 30 pages. I am not sure what I will pick up next.

Today's Page Count: 30
Total Page Count: 445

Sunday

OVERALL PROGRESS

Total Page Count: 445
Books Started Before the Readathon: 2
Books Started During the Readathon: 1
Books Completed: 2

No comments:

Post a Comment