Sunday, August 24, 2014

Bout of Books Challenge: 5 Books

Today is the last day of Bout of Books 11 :(

Today, I am doing a challenge hosted by Falling Down the Book Hole.  I am doing a challenge in which you have to choose 5 books that you would take with you in a post-apocalyptic situation.  Here is the situation:
It is 11:00 PM on a Sunday night. You are laying in bed thinking about all of the things you must do the next day. Tasks of the coming days consume your thoughts and while your mind is somewhere else you are caught off guard by a flash in the sky that is followed by a large wailing screech that pierces the air and shatters your bedroom window. Slowly you move to the window and what you see catches your breathe and causes you to stumble back a few steps. The aliens (at least you think they are aliens) have began to enter the city and destroy everything that is in their path. Through the window your view is consumed with destruction, screaming people and large flames that are dancing across the city at a fast pace. You notice that the creatures are heading in your direction and you realize you probably have about fifteen minutes before they reach your home. That means you have only about ten minutes to gather your belongings and escape before you are caught in the attack from the aliens invading the city.
 The 5 books that I would take with me in this situation are:
  1. The Bible- This is the most important book that I own.  God can speak to me through the Bible and give me advise on what to do.
  2. The Reason by William Sirls- This is one of my favorite contemporary Christian novels.  This book would remind me of how much God truly loves me and would comfort me in my times of trouble.
  3. The Sinner's Garden by William Sirls- Seriously, William Sirls is an amazing author.  I would also take this book because it would remind me of how God can speak to us through a variety of ways.
  4. Appaloosa Summer by Tudor Robins- This has to be one of my favorite contemporary novels.  It would give me that warm fuzzy feeling that I would need in order to not stress and to think clearly.
  5. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling-  I love all of the Harry Potter novels, but seeing as this is a battle between the aliens and us, I would want to keep my book carrying weight to a minimal so I chose the lightest book in this series.
This was a really fun challenge!  I hope that you will also participate in it.  What books would you bring with you?

No comments:

Post a Comment