Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Graphic Novel Review: The Lost Boy by Greg Ruth



Book Title: The Lost Boy

Author: Greg Ruth

Publish Date: August 27, 2013

Genre: Middle Grade Graphic Novel












Plot (from Goodreads):  
Some mysteries are too dangerous to leave alone . . .

Nate's not happy about his family moving to a new house in a new town. After all, nobody asked him if he wanted to move in the first place. But when he discovers a tape recorder and note addressed to him under the floorboards of his bedroom, Nate is thrust into a dark mystery about a boy who went missing many, many years ago. Now, as strange happenings and weird creatures begin to track Nate, he must partner with Tabitha, a local girl, to find out what they want with him. But time is running out, for a powerful force is gathering strength in the woods at the edge of town, and before long Nate and Tabitha will be forced to confront a terrifying foe, and uncover the truth about the Lost Boy.



Why I Read this Book: I loaned this book from the library.  I have seen positive reviews about the book around the blog-o-sphere.
 

Review


Overall, this book was decent and worth the read.  The book was not really my cup of tea, but others may really enjoy this book.  I got this book from the library because I was looking online for clean graphic novels that others have loved.  I found a lot of positive reviews of this book, so I decided to read it myself.

My main complaint about this book was that it was hard to follow the storyline.  I loved the illustrations of the book, but I felt like the story line needed a little more work.  It was difficult to tell when the story was a flashback or not.

The Lost Boy did have a unique and exciting storyline.  I would recommend this book to anyone who likes ghost stories.
 

Final Statements



Recommended Reading Age: Any Age, some "scary" content


Overall Rating: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment