Friday, June 6, 2014

Crazy for Young Adult Books Goodreads Group Readathon (June 9-June 15, 2014)

I am happy to say that I will be doing another read-a-thon next week.  This read-a-thon is organized by the Goodreads group, Crazy for Young Adult Books.  The read-a-thon will be from Monday, June 9 to Sunday, June 15.  It starts at 12 AM (Midnight) EST for everyone.  It would be amazing if you would join me for this read-a-thon.  You can find all the information about this read-a-thon here.  I will be participating in the 6th read-a-thon that they have organized.

This read-a-thon is a little more competitive than the last one and so I believe it is time to get my game on!  I am challenging myself more than I did last time because I will have a good amount of free time and I now know what I am capable of reading in a week from the bout of books 10.0 read-a-thon.

Here are the rules and the point system for this read-a-thon (from the thread on Goodreads):
To be a participant in this readathon you must be signed up by June 8th.

We will be having a point system that for every book you read you get some points! This is a way to add some competitiveness into our readathons (we all love that!) and a way to push ourselves to read more!

Our point system will look like this:

Pages:
450+ : 5pt
300+ : 4pt
200+ : 3pt
100+ : 2pt
Under 100 : 1pt

Sequel [and continuations of series]: 4pt
First In Series: 3pt
Standalone: 2pt
Prequels & Manga: 1 pt
Another important thing to note about the point system is that the books only count if you started and finished them during the read-a-thon.  

I am so excited to be participating in another read-a-thon.  I am hoping this will push me to read a whole lot of books next week.  Here are my goals so far for next week:
  • Read 2100 pages
  • Read 3oo pages a day
  • Post daily update posts during the read-a-thon
  • Post a wrap-up post after the read-a-thon
Below is my TBR list for the read-a-thon and an outline of the points that I would earn from each book. This is subject to change.  I may not read all of these books and I may grab some books that are not on this list.  These are the books that I currently have checked out from the library and a few that I have received for review.  Since this is for a YA group on Goodreads, I have selected YA books.
  • Matched by Ally Condie
  • Unsouled by Neal Shusterman
  • The Program by Suzanne Young
  • These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman
  • Proxy by Alex London
  • The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
  • Scarlet by Marissa Meyer
  • Fields of Elysium by A.B. Whelan 
  • The Dragon Carnivale by Heidi Garrett
  • Death Notes Volume 2
  • Inuyasha Volume 2 
  • The Complete Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi
 If you would like to keep up with my TBR which will most likely change some throughout the read-a-thon, you can find my Goodreads TBR here.

No comments:

Post a Comment