Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Sweet Summer, Crazy for YA Books, and Library Readathon: Day 2 Updates (Tuesday, June 10)

Today, along with reading.  I also participated in rainbow spines challenge as part of the Sweet Summer Readathon.

Reading Completed


Today I was able to read 408 pages.  I exceeded my goal of 300 pages.  Here is what I read:
  • Started and completed Death Note, Vol. 1 (graphic novel, 195 pages)
  • Continued The Scorch Trials audiobook by James Dashner (34 minutes, 6%, total of 39% complete)
  • Finished Once Upon a Curse by E.D. Baker (pages 69-244)
  • Started Everfound by Neal Shusterman (YA novel, pages 1-38)

Thoughts


Death Note. volume 1 was a reread for me.  I originally read it last summer.  I have seen the anime series and I want to read all of the manga novels.  I reread the first volume in preparation to reading the rest of the series.  I enjoyed this volume even though this is a dark series.  I love the psychological aspects of the book.  This series keeps you on your toes. 

I continued The Scorch Trials.  I actually had to re-listen to some of it that I had listened to before because I had forgotten what had happened.  I am only 39% finished with the book, but it is good so far so I hope to continue more on this tomorrow.

I finished Once Upon a Curse by E.D. Baker which is a middle-grade fantasy novel about a 15 year old princess witch that has a curse put on her family.  She seeks for a way for the curse to be removed.  This book was really good.  This is actually the third in a series of which I have not read the first two books, but it was really easy to follow.  I gave this book a 4/5 stars and I will be writing a full review of this book soon. 

I started Everfound (Skinjacker #3).  This is a great book so far, although I have forgotten some things that happened in the second novel in this series.  This book is 500 pages so hopefully I will finish it tomorrow, but I am not sure if I will be able to read that much in one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment